Viking braids are a traditional hairstyle that originated in the Viking Age and were commonly worn by both men and women. This hairstyle was characterized by tightly braided sections of hair that were often adorned with beads, charms, or other decorative elements.
The hairstyle of culture
Viking braids were not just a fashion statement but also had practical purposes. For warriors, braiding their hair helped keep it out of their faces during battle, while also symbolizing strength and bravery. Women would also wear Viking braids as a symbol of their social status or as a form of self-expression.
Today, Viking braids continue to be a popular hairstyle, with many people embracing this traditional look as a way to pay homage to the Viking culture. Whether you’re a history buff or simply looking for a unique and stylish hairstyle, Viking braids are a timeless and versatile option that can be adapted to suit any occasion.
How to braid in Viking style
If you’re looking for a stylish and unique hairstyle, a Viking braid might be just what you need. This braiding technique has been used for centuries and is still popular today. It’s a simple yet elegant style that’s perfect for a variety of occasions. In this post, we’ll go over the steps to create a Viking braid, so you can try it out for yourself.
Before starting, it’s important to brush your hair thoroughly to remove any tangles and knots. You may also want to secure hair ties or clips, depending on the length and thickness of your hair.
Steps to Create a Viking Braid
- Divide your hair into three sections at the top of your head.
- Cross the right section over the middle section.
- Cross the left section over the middle section.
- Take a small section of hair from the right side of your head and add it to the right section of the braid.
- Cross the right section (which now includes the added hair) over the middle section.
- Repeat step 4 on the left side of your head, adding small sections of hair to the left section of the braid and crossing it over the middle section.
- Continue braiding in this way, alternating sides and adding hair as you go, until you reach the end of your hair.
- Secure the braid with a hair tie.
- Finishing Touches: To make the braid look more like a Viking braid, gently pull on the edges of the braid to loosen it and create a slightly messy, textured look. You can also use hairspray or other styling products to set the braid.
Let’s take a look at Video tutorial
With a little practice, you’ll be able to create a beautiful Viking braid that’s perfect for any occasion. The best part is that it’s a simple and versatile style that you can customize to suit your own tastes. So why not give it a try and see how it looks on you? Who knows, you might just discover your new favorite hairstyle.